Monday, October 27, 2008

MAUS

So, Maus is interesting. I don't think it's as easy to read or look at, as say "Blankets" or "Fun Home". The drawings are smaller and darker. I haven't decided yet on whether or not I like it. I"m starting to think that I don't. The story is also pretty interesting. I wasn't sure how I'd like the cat/mouse analogy but I think I'm a fan. Definitely creative. The whole idea of the father surviving the holocuast and telling his son the story is cool and I like the way the stories are told. The flashbacks and the transitions also differ from that of Thompsons. There arent panels within panels of ideas but instead, you're just thrown into the past. OH and the way the father talks is confusing! i have to read his little bubbles a bunch of times just to make sure i know what he's saying. When i first started reading, i was like making up stuff and then it didnt make sense so i had to go back. I'm so ridiculous sometimes. (hopefully its not just me that had this difficulty!)

No comments: